Monday, June 14, 2010

Greetings

Hey Everyone! My name is Jim. This is my first post on my brand new Chicago White Sox blog. As you can see above, The title pretty much explains who I think Chicago's Favorite Team is on the baseball side. As a young boy, my father would always take me to White Sox games. The first game I went to was Opening Day at Comiskey Park on Apirl 13th, 1992 against the Seattle Mariners. I will never forget that day. After the game, I fell in love with the organization. Now granted, it was the first professional game that i had witnessed, but i fell in love with the team. This organization is all about pride and passion and it certainly grabbed my attention. Now if you talk to most of my close friends, they will tell you that I am the basketball guy in the group. Basketball is by far my favorite sport and I am a huge Chicago Bulls fan as well, even after the post dynasty breakup. I went to my first Bulls game in December of 1992 at the old Chicago Stadium. That's when my future in sport started to become a reality in the years to come. If you ask my friends, they will probably tell you that I would take a bullet for the sport (probably not though lol). That's how much passion I have for the sport and the Bulls. But I also have the same passion for the Chicago White Sox and maybe a little bit more, especially after winning the 2000 Central Division Title and the 2005 World Series. My top 5 players of all time are Frank Thomas, Ray Durham, Robin Ventura, Paul Konerko, and Mark Buehrle. But I look forward in the weeks to come to offer my clear views of The Chicago White Sox and why I think they are Chicago's favorite team.

No comments:

Post a Comment